Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

February 13, 2011
The weather is still holding..and I really want to go on through the Dodge Road
and see what else I can find....I am really loving this part of the country.


Not far in...we found this herd...very mellow and laid back ..
I loved watching them.


They decide to come in for a closer look....oh I am loving this...
my heart is going 100 beats a minute....I love this family...




He is so proud...and awesome...showing no signs of fearing me..

Yes....you strut your stuff..you are beautiful...



An old cow camp....such a pretty place...

signs of days gone by....if they could only talk and tell us their story



We continue on this road, eventually coming out to the highway that would
take us left to Cedarville or right to Gerlach...we saw lots of horse signs
but no horses....we find the road that will take us back across the Buckhorn 
Byway.....so that was our choice homeward bound...

These three didn't hang around for pictures...
Just up a ways on the other side of the road we saw more....yeah !!
I was thinking that most of the horses this far East were all gone...but I
was happy to see there were a few...!!
There was no trees or tall brush to stay behind ..so I took my time,
walking slowly...sometimes sitting on a rock..just in hopes that I would
not startle them ....
I didn't see this guy laying until he got up...oh he is sooo pretty....
My heart was pounding...please don't run...I wanted to badly to take
a good look at this bunch...
There was three different little groups scattered through here...it was 
hard to tell if they were all stallions or if they had mares...





He is so pretty......


Making a stud pile...took all the guess work out of this one..


Just a real beauty...not sure if he has a lump on the side of his face ..




Very well built, and they are so fat....making in through the winter
in great shape









Notice the antelope in the background....

These horses were all within about three hundred yards of each other
but seemed to keep their distance  within their own little group.




It seems like what horses are left in this area..are not real wild
and seem to tolerate me pretty well.....


This was the last horse we saw not far from Round Corral Res.
He appeared to be old but still in good shape..
At least he will be able to live out his last days as he has lived
his entire life....will and free...
















No comments:

Post a Comment